Not seeing any drivers on Account

Locarno1

Hi Guys,

I've just seen this page, but cannot see any drivers to download. Surely that's not the case as my system is a PCS built desktop PC, so would've thought there would be drivers available for Windows 11?

1714914952525.png

Thanks,

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi Guys,

I've just seen this page, but cannot see any drivers to download. Surely that's not the case as my system is a PCS built desktop PC, so would've thought there would be drivers available for Windows 11?

View attachment 40991

Thanks,
Is it a pc or laptop?

I think you need to stop where you are, you keep raising a question, and then never responding and I think you’re causing yourself a lot of issues as a result.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I use a desktop and my download section is blank too.
It would be, that’s entirely normal. For a desktop you allow windows update to install any drivers or if it can’t find them, then you go direct to the manufacturer site.

All except gpu drivers which you get direct from NVIDIA or AMD

PCS won’t link any PC drivers as it’s not required, they would be useless anyway as would be out of date instantly.

Locarno1

Is it a pc or laptop?

I think you need to stop where you are, you keep raising a question, and then never responding and I think you’re causing yourself a lot of issues as a result.
Really? My apologies if it comes across that we, I certainly never mean to. I would like to just start looking at potentially doing a clean install of Windows 11 on my desktop PC.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Really? My apologies if it comes across that we, I certainly never mean to. I would like to just start looking at potentially doing a clean install of Windows 11 on my desktop PC.
So the advice would be exactly the same as you’ve already been advised, nothing has changed

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Follow these instructions for clean windows install:

Download a new copy of Windows using the (Second option on linked page) to an 8GB (min) USB. Media Creation Tool
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

This is also worth a watch

Locarno1

So the advice would be exactly the same as you’ve already been advised, nothing has changed

Thank you, most appreciated.

Locarno1

Follow these instructions for clean windows install:

Download a new copy of Windows using the (Second option on linked page) to an 8GB (min) USB. Media Creation Tool
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

This is also worth a watch
So this is pretty much exactly what I have done.

Started reinstalling Windows 11, and it asked me to connect to the internet. I don’t use an Ethernet cable and it wouldn’t allow me to connect to Wi-Fi so managed to get around it somehow, but after trying to install the AMD driver, I get the following error:

’Error 182 - AMD Software Installer detected AMD graphics hardware in your system configuration that is not supported’. I’ll be honest, I’m not exactly sure what this is but I cannot get past this so as to install the driver to then use the Wi-Fi dongle I have to connect to the internet.

I did delete all the partitions when booting from the USB. It’s just the internet issue I’m having now. I’ve successfully installed the GPU Driver.

Will I have to re-boot/re-install again? It hasn’t actually asked me for a windows key yet, but I have that key written down and to hand if required (which I won’t post here, obviously).

Locarno1

What AMD driver are you trying to install, as you don't have an AMD GPU?
Not an AMD GPU, but I’m trying to install the chipset driver so I can use the Wi-Fi dongle on my PC. I just reinstalled windows, and it’s not showing the Wi-Fi option, after following the steps that Martin suggested.

EDIT: Just realised that I’ve downloaded an AMD Driver but the chipset is ASUS. Will have a look at that.

Last edited: